From the desk of Lauren Palmer
Good morning, McKinney!
Friends, today we are living beautifully by ensuring the sweet, feathery songbirds that live in our trees are properly cared for this summer, and Wild Birds Unlimited is helping us do this. Remember last fall when I introduced you to Birdie Miller, owner of Wild Birds Unlimited located at Hardin and Eldorado in the Tom Thumb shopping center? Well, I stopped by the shop last week to see what’s new and I want to show you some must-have items Birdie told me about.
- McKinney birds are foodies! WBU has a huge variety of bird seed and feed that no other markets have. Songbirds and peanut-loving birds LOVE the no-mess seed that Birdie carries. (This seed doesn’t have shells which keeps your garden tidy.) Plus, she has mealworms for Bluebirds and nectar and feeders for Hummingbirds!
- WBU also carries bark butter which is a type of suet, full of good fats that keep our birds healthy. This is one of my favorite products carried at WBU!
- Joy of Bird Feeding book
- This beautiful book is a wonderful gift for Mother’s Day or Teacher Appreciation Week. It offers practical tips and solutions to attracting and identifying birds, offering the best foods for the birds you want to see, and how to deter those unwanted guests to feeding stations.
- Bird Baths
- The first step in getting birds to your backyard is providing a water source, and what better way to do this than with one of the bird baths from WBU. There are large and small stone bird baths, as well as beautiful glass ones that hang from a covered patio or tree.
- Wind Chimes
- With everyone enjoying this lovely spring weather and time outside on the patio, why not incorporate the lovely sound of wind chimes in your garden. Multiple sizes available.
- I know Father’s Day isn’t until next month, but friends, what a fun, interactive gift to give Dad! A new set of premium binoculars will help him to spot all the McKinney feathered friends. Check out the website on May 18th for a special 1 day sale!
Wild Birds Unlimited is definitely the place to be this spring and summer not only to stock your garden and bird feeders, but they have several events this month you will NOT want to miss:
May 10th Hugs Green House will be on site selling flowers that are bird and butterfly friendly! If you don’t know about Hugs Greenhouse, the little sister of Hugs Café, then you absolutely should! Get more information at the event!
Then on May 11th, Wild Birds Unlimited will be celebrating their 2-year anniversary and Mother’s Day! There will be a butterfly and hummingbird corner; experts on site to answer any and all questions; The Blackland Prairie Raptor Center will be in attendance from 12-3 with live Hawks and Owls in the store! The first 50 people that walk through the door will receive a FREE gift bag full of awesome freebies: a bird feeder, chapstick, lotion, a wind chime and more!
Thank you Wild Birds Unlimited for sponsoring this post.
To learn more about Lauren and The Art of Living Beautifully, please visit our ‘about’ page.