From the garden of Beth DiGioia
By Emilie Barnes
From Time Began in a Garden
- Begin early. But it’s never too late to start.
- If it doesn’t work, try something else.
- Life is fragile. Protect it.
- Life is enduring. Trust it.
- Life is daily. Water it. Weed it. Prune it.
- Life is indescribably beautiful. Enjoy it and say thank you.
- Growth takes time. Be patient. And while you’re waiting, pull a weed.
- There’s something for everybody – different blooms for different rooms.
- Pruning hurts. Pruning helps you grow.
- Sometimes the tiniest flowers smell the sweetest.
- To everything there is a season. But know what zone you’re in.
- Dream big. But try not to let ambition turn your joy into drudgery.
- Grow what you love. The love will keep it growing.
- You reap what you sow. But there will be surprises!
For more information about gardening, visit our McKinney Gardens page