From the desk of Lauren Palmer
This is a post you will want to refer back to after Christmas, and also one you will want to forward to your friends. I’ve been planning it since the beginning of November, and for whatever reason, I’m super excited about it!
Early last month, I was cleaning out under my sink and found a plethora of stocking stuffers from previous years that had been, like their name implies, “stuffed” under the sink. This included: small makeup bags, small hand lotions, a variety of earrings (why were those under my sink?!), lip glosses, hair ties, hand sanitizers, chapstick and the like. I also found toothbrushes and small dispensers of floss from the dentist.
I began making piles of the items, and realized all of these things are components of little “emergency kits” that I could keep in the car. In fact, there was so much stuff, I could keep an emergency kit in my car, one in Brian’s car, one in the beach bag, gym bag, suitcase, guest bathroom etc. I don’t know how many times I’ve been in Brian’s car and wished for lotion, or a hair tie. The new emergency kit takes care of that. Or, what if suddenly you need to run into a store and you look awful? Now honestly, most of the time I don’t care about this, but at least with the emergency kit, you could easily throw on some earrings and gloss and look so much better. 🙂
Friends, make your own little emergency kit with your stocking stuffers this year, and make a few more when you clean out under your sink after Christmas…Am I the only one who does this?
Here are a few of my favorite stocking stuffers from Amazon that can easily be used in the emergency kit:
- My favorite natural deodorant, EO, comes in individual packages of wipes! Here is a link to the wipes, and the actual spray deodorant. NOTE: Do not spray on directly after shaving your armpits. It burns!
- A baseball cap-it doesn’t fit in the makeup bag, but I can still stick it in my console. How cute is this one that comes in a jillion different colors?
- tiny tins of Altoids–these are so cute!!!!!
- small bottle of Tylenol
- hand lotion-this is my FAVORITE!
- hair ties also can’t go wrong with these old school ones.
- hoop earrings
- the Flint lint roller
- chapstick: this is my favorite but these are cuter
Plus my favorite makeup bags of all time are the Stella & Dot poufs!–looks like they are sold out right now, but should be back in stock on the 18th of this month.
I also included an extra pair of contacts and $20 in my emergency kit. What other things would you include?
To learn more about Lauren and The Art of Living Beautifully, please visit our ‘about’ page.